Bar Italia Madison delivers a taste of La Dolce Vita! Later the other evening, my girlfriend and I decided to meet at Bar Italia, a lovely Italian restaurant located at 768 Madison Avenue at 66th Street in Manhattan. Since I had no idea what to expect, I entered to find that the food was outstanding, and I plan to return as soon as possible!
Meanwhile, here are some images of the restaurant outside and inside.
So what did I decide to order?
After checking out the menu, I decided on the Grilled Chicken Paillard with Baby Arugula, Frisee, Tomatoes, Avocado, and Corn.
It was the best Grilled Chicken Paillard I have ever had. The chicken was tender and tasted divine. Then, the assorted vegetables gracing the chicken arrived in a magical olive oil-based dressing, making the legumes light and fresh, as if floating on air when savored.
Evidently, I totally recommend Bar Italia Madison, since the food and the atmosphere inspired a divine La Dolce Vita vibe!
768 Madison Ave
New York NY 10065
A Personal Favorite Chicken Paillard Recipe
Chicken Paillard is typically a French dish that is incredibly easy to prepare. It’s a thin, pounded chicken breast that is quickly cooked over high heat, resulting in a tender, juicy and flavorful dish.
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– Salt and pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons butter- Lemon wedges for serving
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F)
2. Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and cover them with cling film. Using a meat mallet (or rolling pin), pound the chicken until it’s about half an inch thick.
3. Season the chicken breasts liberally with salt and pepper on both sides
4. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
5. Add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Transfer the chicken to a baking tray and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until fully cooked.
7. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.